Saturday 30 April 2016

"Renew and remember..."

So to make up for the insanely long time it took to get a post up in March, I made it my goal to get it out of the way right away this month... hope that counts as compensation should the christmas post end up in April again next year.... :P

I am sure you are about as curious as our anticipating audience yesterday what candies and pretties this month's "Burlesque Bustle" had to offer... Well trust me, you will not be disappointed!



Apparently the beginning of spring must have triggered something in all of us this month... and it created this wide array of performances in muted colors surrounding end and begginning, arrival and leave, rebirth and death, destruction and rebuilding..

I have no idea how this happened this time, but I'm absolutely amazed and thrilled about this unspoken collective mind! **QueenBee is proud of The Hive....** ;)

My appologies from the start, somewhere in this I failed to paparazzi on Red, our lovely hostess and DJ of the night.... I was apparently too focused to fix the swing than getting some snapshots of her in :/ Sorry Red, you'll get extra many next month :D

But let's move on to the actual show! Which, in fact, opened tonight with velvet curtains and footprints!

 
Opening number this evening was Aelva and whereas she put the Garden into Lady Garden several times before with her wide array of nature themed sets, this time she put the Lady Garden into the Lady Garden in its purest sense.... okay let's leave it at that, you totally missed out if you didnt see this live with the matching song... 







.

I haven't laughed this hard in so long. Thanks Aelva for sharing this with us :D

Next up arrived set #2 of the eveing, Exhi, with another captivating and dazzeling number... It clearly picked up on the vintage flair we just witnessed with Aelva's song, at least in vision. 





I loved the song version Exhi picked (a whitestripes cover) and it went so perfectly with the rich monochrome look of the stage. But one again, one stage wasnt enough for this one.... looks like the day-job wasn't sexappeal-filled enough, she also invited us for a spin to check out the night time job.... :D




I'm so happy we have you with us, Exhi, you're such a talented Lady :D

So in all this hivemindedness, I went with the shatter and rebuild approach this month... paired with a rather eclectic-hypnotic German song of a band I had never heard of up this point, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but that's what came about once the set was finished. Let's put this litterally... the pieces just fell in place. :) And this is what emerged:





Eostri took the stage next, and if my own act wasnt dooming the planet enough for you yet, hers must be right your cup of tea I'm sure!

Eostri's set was all about arrival and leave, fight or flight.. I just loved this soooooo smart interpretation of Bowie's "I'm afraid of Americans". Didn't we all want to know what alien droids would do upon first gazing at our beloved home planet....... xD




The choreo was super cool, and I wish i had saved some of the emotes with it for the picture descriptions and blog post :P Best I recall, there was a "panic mode initiated" sequence of sorts xD

Thanks for sharing another side of yourself with us today Eos, this was fun!

Oh and speaking about gone and ashes and all... No. 5 on stage this very fine night was a very exotic and rare bird today: our very own "old-as-stone" Minxette Sierra, who's been absent of stage for quite a while now but oh my, whenever she returns, it gets hot in some way.... this time, very litterally. :D



Doom and explosion had been part of this energy filled number to "I'm Alive!", and I loved every second of it! Glad you havent given up on the spotlight yet, lovely lady, and brought us a Phoenix to rise from the ashes today... <3


So now with all these different interpretations of winter's ending and life returning in spring, there was still a little sad portion to keep in mind and in our case, to wrap up the show,

Last dance of the night came from Diawa, who invited us to take a look at the real world with her tribute number to "the artist formerly known as" Prince.

It's not all forever lasting, so let's stay mindfull of that and make life a good place to be for ourselves and others. Even if it's not always perfect, self-destruction is by far worse than regaining strength of a rough patch... Okay I'm sliding into philosophic turf now but I guess that is part of spring as well, isnt it..... :)


So I'll leave you with more images of "di posse", this time consisting of Diawa with SexyS, Exhi and Eostri!





We do sincerely hope that you enjoyed the show this month and will come back to the next curtain at Lady Garden Cabaret :)

Next month is our Enchanted Lady Garden month, so be prepared for a lot of interpretive ways to look at a fairy tale ;)

XOXOX
Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment